Cambodia - The Royal Ballet of Cambodia

"Renowned for its graceful hand gestures and stunning costumes, the Royal Ballet of Cambodia, also known as Khmer Classical Dance, has been closely associated with the Khmer court for over one thousand years. Performances would traditionally accompany royal ceremonies and observances such as coronations, marriages, funerals or Khmer holidays. This art form, which narrowly escaped annihilation in the 1970s, is cherished by many Cambodians..." Source: UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage

Postcard 1
Aspara Dance or the Royal Ballet of Cambodia which survived the Pol Pot Regime. Thanks to Titan of Cambodia. When I visited Siem Reap Post Office on March 13, 2017, I got this postcard cancelled with a Cambodia stamp that I bought in Poipet Post Office.






Postcard 2
I bought this postcard in Siem Reap in March 2017.





Postcard 3
I bought this postcard at Poipet Post Office and had it cancelled at Poipet, Battambang, Siem Reap and later at border Thailand town of Aranyaphratet.






Postcard 5
I bought this postcard in Siem Reap.